Vicki's encyclopedic knowledge of TWiki and her clear and concise examples were instrumental in helping our team create the Twiki application we needed.
-- a satisfied customer
Enterprise Wiki Consulting
Architecture, Best Practices, Applications, & Support
My primary experience is with Structured Enterprise Wikis: TWiki and Foswiki.
I have been using TWiki since 2003 and Foswiki since 2009.
I provided corporate wiki support in two previous full time jobs
and now offer freelance consulting services. Please take a look at some of the
feedback I have received
from former clients
- 2004 - 2005 -- setting up and maintaining the Engineering department web site for IronPort Systems (now part of Cisco)
- 2006 - 2012 -- internal user support (training, answering questions, resolving trouble tickets, building applications) for the TWiki users at Yahoo!
I can help with:
I particularly enjoy organizing a wiki site to improve workflow, productivity, and access to information.
- design, architecture, and layout
- improvements in navigation and search
- organization, indexing, and curation of documentation
- guidelines and best practices recommendations
- workflow automation and improvements
on-line tutorials and how-to documentation
training and user support
application development, e.g. custom knowledge base or project management tools
using your wiki more effectively and productively
Platform & Installation
I apologize for any inconvenience it causes, but I do not use
If your wiki is installed on a Windows server, I will be able to providee
some assistance via the front end; however I can only provide server-side
recommendations for *nix-based systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS X, BSD).
In addition, while I am happy to consult with
your system administrator, I do not offer installation or back-end
administration services myself.
I strongly recommend that you have an on-site sysadmin who understands
how to manage user accounts, Apache config files, backups, disk space,
Perl module installation, etc.
If you don't have a sysadmin, I can point you to other consultants who
may be willing to help you with installing and setting up TWiki or
Foswiki on your system.
My personal Foswiki installation can be seen at wiki.cfcl.com. I also have a running TWiki; however, it is accessible externally only by special permission.